QUAKER PARK TENNIS CLUB - 425 Driscoll Terrace, Peterborough - Tel 743-7099
A Message from your Executive Team
JUNE 11, 2021 - STEP 1
As the Provinces eases the COVID restrictions, our programming plans are starting to gear up. Effective Tuesday June 15th, 2021 Beginner Lessons will start. Clinics will be starting in the coming week and will be posted on the Tennis Booking site for registration.
The beginner lessons will be held on Tuesdays and Thursday evenings from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. If you are interested in participating in these lessons, please contact Ted Lucas directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are still a few members who have not yet picked up their tags. Your information package is in the clubhouse, please make an effort to pick them up as soon as possible so as they don't go missing.
LADIES LEAGUE UPDATE
The Ladies league invites all women club members of all levels to join the scheduled games at any time during the summer and fall. Schedules are made up every two weeks acknowledging player availability and preferences with regard to time and days.
There is no fee to join the Ladies League this year. Come out and try it, we are sure you will like it! Please contact email@example.com
COVID RESTRICTIONS IMPLEMENTED
These restrictions are for the protection of all members and staff and are revised regularly
PLEASE CLICK HERE (COVID RESTRICTIONS) AND FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE REQUIREMENTS
NOTE: This document is in force and members will be updated with any changes through an email notification and a posting on our COVID RESTRICTIONS PAGE
COVID IMPACT UPDATES
- LESSONS AND CLINICS - Private Lessons beginning May 24
- CLINICS - will begin the week starting June 14 - Registration is mandatory. Please check the EVENTS tab on the Tennis booking site. To register, please contact TED at Manager@quakerparktennis.ca
- OSGA DISTRICT GAMES - District games are currently on hold and will likely be cancelled for 2021
- OSGA ONTARIO GAMES - An update from OSGA is expected soon
- VOLUNTEER PROCESS - IMPLEMENTATION POSTPONED UNTIL 2022 Season
- 2022 celebration committee - Several meetings have taken place and work is progressing
Nestled on the east bank of the Otonabee River, just north of Hunter Street, the Quaker Park Tennis Club is truly a gem in the rough. With the scenic river bank west of the club and the beautifully maintained grounds of the Kawartha Credit Union, the club provides a relaxing atmosphere for fellowship and exercise.
Friendly professional staff and welcoming members invite you to come down and try your hand at this game. The recent successes of our Canadian athletes, Milos Raonic, Denis Shapovalov, Eugenie Bouchard and Bianca Andreescu has catapulted this sport to the forefront.
Tennis is an incredibly easy sport to take up at any age and requires little equipment. Quaker members range from age 3 to 83.
The Club offers 5 Har-Tru courts (clay courts). The playing surface cushions the body reducing many common tennis injuries and allows for longer play with less fatigue.
Facilities & Programs
- Lighting on all courts
- Mens' and Ladies' Leagues
- Singles ladder - in-club play
- Competitive doubles evening
- Junior Programs & Camps ( ages 3 to 16)
- Advanced Junior Programs (Aces)
- Club Tournaments
- Friday Teen Program
- Social Evening Round Robin Play
- Accessible Clubhouse equipped with a Kitchen
- Accessible Bathrooms
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Free Beginner Lessons (May-June)
- Participation in Leagues
- Participation in Singles Ladder
- Access to in-house tennis clinics
- FREE Junior membership for elementary and school-aged children not yet in high school
- 48 hour privileged online court booking
- Use of practice wall
- 2 Guest passes annually
- Membership in the Ontario Tennis Association providing merchandise and event promos
- Use of tennis ball machine (nominal fee)
- Access t o private lessons by pro (additional fee)