QUAKER PARK TENNIS CLUB - 425 Driscoll Terrace, Peterborough - Tel 743-7099
A Message from your Executive Team
As we enter the second half of our season, the club continues to deliver programs, lessons and clinics. Financially the club is in good shape and sporting an increased membership.
The social aspects of the club have been stifled throughout the pandemic. With the easements initiated and more people getting their vaccinations, we are seeing more members down at the club.
PLEASE take note of BULLETIN #8 which addresses a few items including EMERGENCY situations and TOURNAMENTS.
COVID RESTRICTIONS IMPLEMENTED
These restrictions are for the protection of all members and staff and are revised regularly
PLEASE CLICK HERE (COVID RESTRICTIONS) AND FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE REQUIREMENTS
NOTE: This document is in force and members will be updated with any changes through an email notification and a posting on our COVID RESTRICTIONS PAGE
COVID IMPACT UPDATES
- LESSONS AND CLINICS - Private Lessons beginning May 24
- CLINICS - will begin the week starting June 14 - Registration is mandatory. Please check the EVENTS tab on the Tennis booking site. To register, please contact TED at Manager@quakerparktennis.ca
- OSGA DISTRICT GAMES - District games are currently on hold and will likely be cancelled for 2021
- OSGA ONTARIO GAMES - An update from OSGA is expected soon
- VOLUNTEER PROCESS - IMPLEMENTATION POSTPONED UNTIL 2022 Season
- 2022 celebration committee - Several meetings have taken place and work is progressing
Nestled on the east bank of the Otonabee River, just north of Hunter Street, the Quaker Park Tennis Club is truly a gem in the rough. With the scenic river bank west of the club and the beautifully maintained grounds of the Kawartha Credit Union, the club provides a relaxing atmosphere for fellowship and exercise.
Friendly professional staff and welcoming members invite you to come down and try your hand at this game. The recent successes of our Canadian athletes, Milos Raonic, Denis Shapovalov, Eugenie Bouchard and Bianca Andreescu has catapulted this sport to the forefront.
Tennis is an incredibly easy sport to take up at any age and requires little equipment. Quaker members range from age 3 to 83.
The Club offers 5 Har-Tru courts (clay courts). The playing surface cushions the body reducing many common tennis injuries and allows for longer play with less fatigue.
Facilities & Programs
- Lighting on all courts
- Mens' and Ladies' Leagues
- Singles ladder - in-club play
- Competitive doubles evening
- Junior Programs & Camps ( ages 3 to 16)
- Advanced Junior Programs (Aces)
- Club Tournaments
- Friday Teen Program
- Social Evening Round Robin Play
- Accessible Clubhouse equipped with a Kitchen
- Accessible Bathrooms
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Free Beginner Lessons (May-June)
- Participation in Leagues
- Participation in Singles Ladder
- Access to in-house tennis clinics
- FREE Junior membership for elementary and school-aged children not yet in high school
- 48 hour privileged online court booking
- Use of practice wall
- 2 Guest passes annually
- Membership in the Ontario Tennis Association providing merchandise and event promos
- Use of tennis ball machine (nominal fee)
- Access t o private lessons by pro (additional fee)