QUAKER PARK TENNIS CLUB - 425 Driscoll Terrace, Peterborough - Tel 743-7099
CLUB IS CLOSED FOR THE 2020 SEASON
A Message from your Executive Team
2020 has been a very difficult year for many. We have been very fortunate to have had the opportunity to enjoy the game of tennis with our friends through this tough time. We are hopeful that the coming year brings more certain times for all.
May the Christmas season fill your home with joy, your heart with love and your life with laughter.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and we look forward to seeing you in 2021.
COVID RESTRICTIONS IMPLEMENTED
These restrictions are for the protection of all members and staff and are revised regularly
PLEASE CLICK HERE (COVID RESTRICTIONS) ANDFAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE NEW REQUIREMENTS
NOTE: This document (updated May 29, 2020) is in force and members will be updated with any changes through an email notification and posted on our COVID RESTRICTIONS PAGE
COVID IMPACT UPDATES
- OSGA DISTRICT GAMES - District games have been cancelled (June 6, 2020)
- OSGA ONTARIO GAMES - Currently suspended awaiting a decision by the City of Peterborough
- VOLUNTEER PROCESS - IMPLEMENTATION POSTPONED UNTIL 2021 Season
- 2022 celebration committee - ON HOLD
Nestled on the east bank of the Otonabee River, just north of Hunter Street, the Quaker Park Tennis Club is truly a gem in the rough. With the scenic river bank west of the club and the beautifully maintained grounds of the Kawartha Credit Union, the club provides a relaxing atmosphere for fellowship and exercise.
Friendly professional staff and welcoming members invite you to come down and try your hand at this game. The recent successes of our Canadian athletes, Milos Raonic, Denis Shapovalov, Eugenie Bouchard and Bianca Andreescu has catapulted this sport to the forefront.
Tennis is an incredibly easy sport to take up at any age and requires little equipment. Quaker members range from age 3 to 83.
The Club offers 5 Har-Tru courts (clay courts). The playing surface cushions the body reducing many common tennis injuries and allows for longer play with less fatigue.
Facilities & Programs
- Lighting on all courts
- Mens' and Ladies' Leagues
- Singles ladder - in-club play
- Competitive doubles evening
- Junior Programs & Camps ( ages 3 to 16)
- Advanced Junior Programs (Aces)
- Club Tournaments
- Friday Teen Program
- Social Evening Round Robin Play
- Accessible Clubhouse equipped with a Kitchen
- Accessible Bathrooms
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Free Beginner Lessons (May-June)
- Participation in Leagues
- Participation in Singles Ladder
- Access to in-house tennis clinics
- FREE Junior membership for elementary and school-aged children not yet in high school
- 48 hour privileged online court booking
- Use of practice wall
- 2 Guest passes annually
- Membership in the Ontario Tennis Association providing merchandise and event promos
- Use of tennis ball machine (nominal fee)
- Access t o private lessons by pro (additional fee)