QUAKER OATS PLANT & DOWNTOWN PETERBOROUGH 1919
Built by the Quaker Fellowship back in 1922, the tennis club was primarily used by Quaker employees and their families to socialize and to enjoy the park and its surroundings. The club boasted 2 courts with a white clay surface and a clubhouse which had been built of logs.
Over the years, both the clubhouse and the courts were modernized with the clubhouse retaining much of its early design and interiors. Additional courts were installed over the years and the surface changed to Hart-tru in 1985.
A long time member of the club Barbara Pritchard, a member of the club since 1958, was approached by the club to write the history of the club from her perspective. She provided us with some pictures of the times.
Click HERE to view the document.
1965 QUAKER PARK CHAMPS
Barb Pritchard, bottom row first on the left hand side